when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue

when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue - Selamat datang di situs media global terbaru Xivanki, Pada halaman ini kami menyajikan informasi tentang when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue !! Semoga tulisan dengan kategori CRF !! graphs !! inference !! loopy belief propagation !! MATLAB code !! ini bermanfaat bagi anda. Silahkan sebarluaskan postingan when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue ini ke social media anda, Semoga rezeki berlimpah ikut dimudahkan Allah bagi anda, Lebih jelas infonya lansung dibawah -->


I have recently been doing some CRF inference for an object recognition task and needed a good ol' Max-Product Loopy Belief Propagation. I revived my old MATLAB-based implementation that grew out of a Probabilistic Graphical Models homework. Even though I had vectorized the code and had tested it for correctness -- would my own code be good enough on problems involving thousands of nodes and arities as high as 200? It was the first time I ran my own code on such large problems and I wasn't surprised when it took several minutes for those messages to stop passing.

I tried using Talya Meltzer's MATLAB package for inference in Undiracted Graphical Models. It is a bunch of MATLAB interfaces to efficient C code. Talya is Yair Weiss's PhD student (so that basically makes her an inference expert).

It was nice to check my old homework-based code and see the same beliefs for a bunch of randomly generated binary planar-grid graphs. However, for medium sized graphs her code was running in ~1 second while my homework code was taking ~30 seconds. That was a sign that I had outgrown my homework-based code. While I was sad to see my own code go, it is a sign of maturity when your research problems mandate a better and more-efficient implementation of such a basic inference algorithm. Her package was easy to use, has plenty of documentation, and I would recommend it to anybody in need of CRF inference.

Demikian info when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue, Semoga dengan adanya postingan ini, Anda sudah benar benar menemukan informasi yang memang sedang anda butuhkan saat ini. Bagikan informasi when you outgrow homework-code: a real CRF inference library to the rescue ini untuk orang orang terdekat anda, Bagikan infonya melalui fasilitas layanan Share Facebook maupun Twitter yang tersedia di situs ini.

Previous Post Next Post